Life is hard. We all go through situations we don’t want to go through. We have to face things that we just don’t understand or don’t want to accept. Our loved ones will also face their own trials, which in turn, also affects us.
Sadly, times like these are inevitable and they can lead to all sorts of negative feelings like stress, anxiety, or worry, that may take over our minds or overwhelm us. Sometimes, our whole lives are consumed with this negativity.
If you really think about it, worrying, stressing, or being anxious doesn’t do us any good. They don’t help us in any situation, help us solve our problems, or allow us to help anyone else. These negative emotions add zero value to our lives and just make us feel worse.
The best thing we can do is have faith and to trust God and His plan. God, in His infinite wisdom (Psalm 147:5), has a plan for all of us (Jeremiah 29:11; Proverbs 19:21). Acknowledge that there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) and life will not always be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. We will all face trials and tough times.
Through faith, prayer, gratitude and the peace of God, you can get through each situation without drowning in a river of sorrow or negativity. Through Christ, you will be strong (2 Corinthians 12:10).
This life is too short to spend our time and energy on being stressed, worried or anxious when the Bible tells us not to be. If you find yourself unable to stop feeling stressed, worried or anxious, here’s a list of powerful Bible verses that can help you find some comfort and peace.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6–7
- Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:27
- Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18
- Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:25–26
- So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:31–34
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Philippians 4:8
- I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12–13